Careers at du Pré
Current career opportunities
du Pré is a business telecoms and IT specialist systems integrator, engaging and nurturing staff with a wide range of telephony, IT and network engineering, support and sales consultancy skills.
The Aldermaston headquarters is also home to the company’s in-house administration, purchasing, finance and marketing functions. Many of our staff have progressed their careers through du Pré and the company has modern personal review and training practices to nurture and develop its employees.
We always respond to applications for employment. If we do not have a current vacancy suitable for your particular skills and experience, we will keep your details on file for three years and contact you should a vacancy arises.
AGENCIES AND CONSULTANTS
du Pré has a Preferred Suppliers List of agencies and consultants and only accepts CVs from members of this list.
If you are interested in any of the roles listed or in beginning a career with du Pré, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
The time in this role would be split between BAU support, pre-sales work and hands-on deployment for du Pré’s extensive customer base. This position will suit a an experienced technical engineer that has an outstanding attention to detail and that eventually wants to move towards a more customer orientated design and architectural role. This is a customer facing role so a keeness to work with customers and excellent communication skills are imperative for this position.
A key part of the role will be working on the du Pré Service Desk and engineering team to provide IT support to our customer base. For a very diverse base of technology you will take part in day-to-day Service Desk activity working with our customers to resolve issues and making recommendations for long term fixes and improvements. The other key part of the role will be assisting with implementations and adds/moves/changes within our customer base, including on-site work/visits as required. Once again this will be a hands-on role directly handling and resolving problems and issues and ensuring that customers remain updated and managed throughout the life cycle of their tickets or implementations.
The successful applicant will be organised, have a passion for technology and a solid understanding of Hyper-V, Microsoft Server Technologies, SAN Technologies, Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange, any Networking experience is desirable.
Assistant Financial Controller
The main purpose of the role is to assist the GFC as required to achieve departmental priorities and objectives with particular focus on the preparation of timely and accurate management accounts and the effective management of the day to day processes of the finance function.
- Preparation of accurate and timely management accounts and commentary within 30 days following month end for review by the GFC, including data extraction and analysis and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Management of the day to day operation of the finance team to ensure accurate recording of sales invoices, purchase invoices and cashbook transactions and closure of the ledgers and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts to facilitate the timely production of the monthly management accounts
- Undertake coaching and performance management of finance staff in line with company recommended procedures, paying particular attention to the achievements, capabilities, training plans and skills progression of all staff.
- Maintain processes in order to ensure management accounts are produced within agreed timescales. Identify, investigate and make recommendations for improvements in processes and procedures and implement agreed improvements to deliver departmental efficiencies and facilitate the timely and accurate production of monthly Management Accounts (with a view to reducing this to 21 days following month end)
- Assist the GFC with the preparation of budgets, reforecasts and financial models and reporting regularly against them.
- Assist the GFC with the preparation of monthly board packs, KPI reporting and general management information.
- Manage the company cash flow, produce short and long-term forecast and daily reporting to the CEO/GFC, and ensure that the overdraft is managed within agreed limits through efficient invoicing and debt collection, management of supplier payments and daily reconciliation of the bank accounts (including intercompany transfers).
- Working with the HR department to prepare the outsourced monthly payroll pack, verification of payroll data and ensuring that it is fully compliant with Company policies and procedures and HMRC and Pension regulations.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Assist the GFC with the preparation of annual year end accounts and audit file